Dec 23, 2011

Serendipity


Serendipity is:
Discoveries, by accident and sagacity, of things you are not in quest of.

That kind of sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. I was a little worried about getting decompression sickness after such a heinously stressful year, but so far I'm not doing too badly. There have been a few serendipitous moments recently, and I'm trying to be in the moment rather than fretting about 2012. Which is next week.

I am taking some down time though - it is Solstice for me, Christmas for many others, and a time of transition for my whole family. So for the next week or two I think I'll just try and soak up some warmth and enjoy my life.

Here are some things that are bubbling in my mind though:

  • I need to buy a set of baby scales. And a new lens for my camera. And 
  • I am reading some interesting websites at the moment:
    • BirthWorks (cause it just *does*)
    • LazyDaisy (loving their logo)
    • NICE guidelines on postnatal care (*yawn* not the most inspiring)
    • Birthing Rites Australia
    • Birth Right 
  • I am in need of a holiday from work before I start as a midwife but that aint going to happen now.
  • This afternoon I'm off to meet with my first client as a registered midwife and that's pretty exciting, scary and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be saved for moderation - keep it kind and simple, and something you'd say to me in person!