Mar 23, 2012

What birth means


Last week, I planted the placenta from my daughter's pregnancy in earth at our new house. This photo is one that I cherish so much because it shows me now with my awesome tattoo, and is a link back to the nearly 3 years since I conceived and grew a whole 'nother person. Beside the bringing her up to be an amazing 2 year old and being all the other things I am, I also am in awe of the growing another human being and their life-support organ. I love placentas to bits.

Why am I posting this? Well, it is to make you stop and think about your own birth. Do you know about it? I don't know much about mine, and haven't been able to ask about it either. I tell my daughter her story and show her a small piece of video each year, to remind her of how my life was before I knew her, and to show her how hard I worked for her before she was even born.

Never, ever, underestimate the impact that birthing has on a woman. It is a defining moment in life, whether it's a happy one or not, a simple one or not, a long time ago or a brief moment ago. Honour those around you that bear the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be saved for moderation - keep it kind and simple, and something you'd say to me in person!